Monday, April 06, 2009

inconspicuous

i found it somewhat alarming that i had a good day at work today. i had less of an aching desire to get out of there as soon as possible. however, just because all the days aren't bad doesn't mean i should stay there for eternity. sometimes it's just time to move on.

have i mentioned that i'm reading "to kill a mockingbird"? unlike most people i know, i didn't read it in highschool english. within days if starting it i found 2 similarities to the book i'd just finished. i found it amusing that two points of plot were the same in "boy meets girl" (a book version of the mindless chick-flick genre) and "to kill a mockingbird" (a modern classic). 1) they both involved laywers. 2) both involve someone biting off a finger. number 2 is odd in any book, but extra strange that it occured in two consecutive books. very odd.

well a week has gone by with me turning my computer off before 9:30 (on nights before workdays), and i'd say it was a great experience. so i'm going to extend this practise in hopes of it becoming a habit. i'm way too distracted by both the internet and by music that i get into bed WAY too late.

i had to buy more dread shampoo the other day. i'd have to say, knottyboy has the nicest smelling shampoo i've ever used! they didn't have the same flavour as last time so i got "patchouli love" sounds fancy huh? dreamy even. and it smells soooo good.

i should go or yogi master dennis will try to make small talk with me about being late for class. oh frig... i just got distracted by a rad song and now i'm TOTALLY gonna be late. argh!

my mother told me
to put on your boots
and go out in the backyard.

5 comments:

Liz Nolan said...

i hope your dreads are looking lovely! can you buy knottyboy stuff in kingston?

Aphra said...

I hope yogi master dennis doesn't try to make to levitate or teleport or anything :)

I also did not read "to kill a mockingbird" in high school. I won it in a writing contest in elementary school and totally did not get it. I don't remember the biting finger episode. Maybe I should read it as an adult.

Rachel said...

I didn't read 'To Kill a Mockingbird' until adulthood either. I enjoyed it.

You can get knottyboy in Kingston (at the Hemporium). I LOVE the smell of patchouli!

yelsel said...

the hemporium was out, so i had to get it from the jungle. they have more scents and shampoo in liquid form.

Rachel said...

I've actually been using Dr. Bronner's lately (so has JIll). You can get it at Tara Foods and it's cheaper than knotty boy. Also comes in a bunch of different scents. The lavender is divine!