Saturday, December 10, 2005

shrimp ring

well i'd say the living room xmas party was a success. i had a fun time. i'm gonna upload some photos of the evening...

This is everyone with several people missing but for the most part this is everyone. however, you can't see mike very well. he's sitting on the couch beside paul. oh and this is a pretty groovy pic of my actual living room. hahaha. its like the people of "living room" in my living room. hahaha.


here's joanna. she's all dressed up ready to leave. i dug out my yearbook and threatened to scan her picture out of it and post it along side this one. she didn't like that idea very much. i guess i won't do it then.








i really like this picture of meghan. its such a pure photo, very minimalistic. no visual garbage in the background.

it was tricky getting a nice photo of her between her nose picking and violent outbursts.



mike won the prize for most creative gift under 5 dollars. he gave a copy of "War and Peace". the party was such a smash hit that jon marck managed to read half of it ;)

man, i sure wish i knew what alison was doing in this picture so i could comment on it.

here's melinda showing paul joanna's picture in her yearbook. its a really cute picture of her.

see how happy it makes paul?







here's me in our kitchen. its not a great pic. i'm blinking. see the postcards we have mounted on our cupboards? everyone was checking out our photos and magazine cutouts of men on the wall. it was funny. melinda and i were sitting on the couch saying to each other "oh no! they're looking at the cupboards" i totally forgot that stuff was there. oh well, its not too bad. nothing i would be embarroused for my mom to see. i guess that's my measuring stick "if its mom-appropriate than it must be ok".



this is the birthday cake meghan brought for me. i feel bad because it was paul's birthday on tuesday. so this night was technically closer to his birthday than mine. i actually have half the cake left and melinda can't eat it due to the eggs. i'd love to have people over for a cup of tea and a piece of cake so let me know if you're interested. and i mean that. usually when i post something like that no one responds because they assume someone else has. come one people. don't leave me hanging. anyone (except scott). hahaha, you can see my pants at the bottom of this photo.


well that's it. i think brandon is gonna post some of the photos he took on the next website. but i don't know when that will be. i'm pretty wired. at one point i was sitting talking to alison drinking a coke and a tea at the same time. since i cut coke out of my diet i find it makes me stay awake until 3 in the morning easily.

i'm gonna go replace my desktop photo with a picture of mike now ;)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to help you out with that cake.... when are you free? So anyhoo, you're quite the blinker but I did succeed in getting some open-eye pics of you! By the way, I do not like shrimp rings, but I sure do like most anything else. In that picture of Alison where you're not sure what she's doing, I think it looks a little like she's giving you a friendly finger. She seems like a nice friendly person, so I'm pretty sure it's not a "Serious Finger" unless she got a bad secret santa gift.... :) So what was the prize for the most creative gift?

Anonymous said...

amazing! you posted that, like, half an hour after I got home. lovely pictures, lovely time.

HAHA. I just read the comment above. Uh, yeah, just for future photographic reference, I liberally give friendly fingers when I'm distracted... It's just my "thing". In that scene, I was too busy coveting Jon's "War and Peace". Feel free to judge me beecause of it. And I have no idea who 'laney' is... unless I met you yesterday as 'laney', in which case - i'm really sorry. Is that meaghan?

Anonymous said...

you talked about people reading things on your cupboards and looking at your pictures....I am guilty of that! It is a sneaky way of getting to know someone with out actually talking to them. What is your cupboard saying about you? Hmmmm....
save me some cake!

yelsel said...

ok. how does tuesday evening sound? i'll email you...

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie, great pics.

I've posted what I took at http://www.nextchurch.com

Great time, thanks for inviting me.

Brandon

zorburt said...

happy belated les!

Anonymous said...

I want cake!! Do you think it'll keep for another 16 days???
Who's the cute girls in the Kiss shirt and the black shirt? (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nextchurch/72288975/) ;)

Anonymous said...

This comment is for Alison (sorry Les...), I haven't met you but I've seen/heard your musical talents at church, and no I'm not stalking you, just in case you're worried about how someone knows who you are and you don't know who they are.... But I'm sure Les will introduce us at some point, that is, if she's a good friend she would do that :)

yelsel said...

jade, you birthday wishes are not late, but earily. my b-day is this saturday.

alison, if you're reading this... laney is tim forbes's wife. you know tim, the drummer this sunday. he was literary the drummer boy. or drummer man rather.

Anonymous said...

Hah, funny :)