Thursday, November 23, 2006

penny

i saw jill barber tonight with melissa. it was fun. annie from the goat opened for her, she did really well and was quite entertaining. i didn't realize she played the banjo. funny instrument. jill was also really great, i found it interesting that she's soooo obviously sleeping with her producer. but i think its a pretty unsketchy situation, so it was interesting to see them interact. i really like how she parts her hair. i think i'll try it. it may not work, but its worth a shot. she really has a beautiful voice and so does jim guthrie actually :p

we ended up getting there super early, so we sat around chatting for a long time. we talked a lot about relationships. melissa said something that really got me wondering, "what is it about relationships that makes you want to confide in the other person in a way you don't with your friends?" i'm puzzled over that. i really don't know the answer.

there was another bus driver sighting.

today i was feeling crazy and irrational so i emailed beckie for a "calm me down email". she delivered excellently. and actually hit the nail on the head of one really specific issue. it was very revealing. i'm frustrated that i'm still unravelled by this one person, she makes me feel shadowed by her.

i took a nap at work today. lied down on the couch in the ladies room. i got really into it too. you know, body jerks and dreams. all in 10 minutes!

i'm a bit of an odd girl.

aw crap. i've been looking forward all week to going to joy's house tomorrow night. its been a while since i saw her and had a really good conversation. and i've been looking forward to seeing the kids, but i just got a message from her that her friends are going to be there too. they're going to kenya in the new year and wants to get us together to show them my pictures. i feel shy. and i'm going to feel like a 5th week. argh. so annoying. i'll try to not let it bother me.

you must have some kind of news you can send.
don't have to write me as a lover, just as a friend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

were you surprised it was 12am when you got home? I thought that it was a lot earlier!

enjoyed our chat last evening... I felt listened too.

yelsel said...

ya, a little surprised but i should have been. if i'd done the math correctly, i would have figured it out using my car's clock.

do you usually not feel listened to? hm, i'm sorry about that. i, for one, will try to listen better.

[u]

Anonymous said...

Okay...now, having come into your world part way through the movie, I am not sure of the exact context of this person that makes you feel "overshadowed" but, let me just say that I have one of those too!!!

This person brings out every existing insecurity in me and never fails to make me feel smaller than I really am.

The solution?? Dr. Phil and some cheesecake!!! Naw, not really but, I think I'm coming to learn that this type of person is something that every woman has to go through at some point in life. You know...like the chicken pox or having your wisdom teeth taken out!!!

And in the end...I'll bet $100.00 that your blog is better than hers!!

Aphra said...

I don't know Jill but love Annie.

If I knew you were downtown, I would have asked you to check out coffe & company. A friend of mine from when I was in highschool was playing there at 9:30pm. I would have went but I was pretty sure he wouldn't remember me and it would have kept me up past my bedtime! And wouldn't it be akward to stay up past your bedtime for someone who doesn't remember you. But maybe he would. Now I'll never know. Oh, well.

I hope you have a good time at joy's!

yelsel said...

gen, rest assured, you aren't much more out of the loop than others. there are only 2 people who know who the overshadower is. most of the time, i'm extremely cryptic and people are left guessing. however, at the same time, with a little overanalysing, its probably not too hard to figure out. except in this particular case.

its comforting to know this is normal. i like thinking of it like the chicken pox & wisdom teeth. nice.

i like the hundred bux wager ;)

that sounds cool aphra. i know what you mean about "passed your bedtime", i have that problem too. except last night, i was at the jill barber concert so i couldn't have done both. unfortunately. that's been happening a lot lately.

devious said...

ooo... the Overshadower sounds very Harry Potter. NO! It sounds very WWE! awesome!

Once, I tried to take a nap in the staff room. We don't have fancy things like couches in the ladies room. Anyway, when I laid down for my rest, one of my coworkers took that as an invitation to join me on the couch (he's harmless, it was all for a joke).

But I don't nap in public places so much anymore.

dawna said...

les, i'm soooo glad you enjoyed jill barber. she's from halifax (so naturally i think that's my neck of the woods, being east coast and all) and i first saw her last feb at the ecma's in pei. loved her!! and her album. i don't know annie but imagine i would like her if she opened for jill.

somehow i've just realized that you've been missing from my life for like two weeks. apparently bloglines is failing me on your blog. have you switched to the beta? in any case, will now be checking in more often. love ya. now must go get caught up on your life...

yelsel said...

DAWNA!! i DID notice you haven't been visiting. i wondered to myself why that was. but it did occur to me it was the whole bloglines broken link thingy. it felt egocentric to email you to say "ok i've switched to beta, you can you read my blog now".

glad to have you back ;)