Thursday, November 09, 2006

token

i want to get into bed so i'm going to keep this short.

i got my clothes back from the laudromat. haven't yet checked to see if they're all there, but i'll trust that they are. it cost me $8.50 for 2 loads. that's not to bad. i think i'll do it again. if i don't wait 2 weeks i'll only have 1 load so it'll only be $4.25.

my msn isn't working and its making me feel crippled.

fru is finally getting used to having me home again and isn't purring & wanting to be a centimetre from my face all the time. phew, that was annoying.

still no new glasses.

my grandma is in the hospital. i don't think she's going to make it. i have mixed feelings because she's old (92) and is a christian and is ready to go. and i feel ok with that. but the other part of me thinks "this is my grandma – the only grandma i've ever known, who i've haven't been able to spend much time with because of the ocean that divides us. with my grandma goes a lot of the secrets of my family that i will never know". please don't give me your condolences or your "i'm sorry to hear that" because its not necessary or even appropriate. we aren't close – i love her anyway, but its ok when she dies, i gave her my good-bye when i was in england last. although, she may still rally, this is not the first time that grandma's "not doing well".

i've noticed via my webmeter someone regularly visits from ottawa, on a mac and clicks in thru vinc's blog. lisa... is that you? well, whoever you are, i just wanted to say hello.

ok well i'm going to get ready for bed. its jeans day tomorrow. yay!

every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.

6 comments:

Vincent said...

Hey Lisa, I just talked to you this morning (for you), after a few weeks !!! Lesley, I won (^_^), I told you that it was probably the incredible Lisa from Ottawa ;) I keep reading your blog right now, I missed so many things... :( Talk to you soon

rab said...

Every day is jeans day at my office. Hearing you be excited about jeans day makes me remember how lucky we are.

yelsel said...

ah ha! it WAS you. yes, i asked vinc' who it could be and he said he thought it was you.

oh bob, don't take jeans every day for granted. that would be heavenly. that's the ONLY thing i miss about working at startek

yelsel said...

not to worry. at least half of pspd readers have started off as acquaintences/strangers and turned into friends. you're pretty normal.

hmmm, does vinc' talk about me a lot?

devious said...

haha. oh les, i laugh and shake my head at you. for real, you never fail to make me laugh and shake my head.
I'm glad for the survival of your laundry. just remember, no matter how hard your time apart has been, clean clothes are definitely worth it.

AND (I know... shut up already beck...) I love your closing line. I think it's supposed me cautionary, but I am choosing to interpret it as helpful advice ;)

ps I had a chit chat with wingman today. he played dumb. what a winner. :p

rachel said...

It amazes me that you can know where people 'come from' to read PSPD... I am so technologically challenged and needed to share my amazement of your Sherlock Holmes- like ability to sleuth out those that read you!!!

And not to rub it in or anything, but I get to wear jeans to work everyday too! (Sorry, Bob sometimes brings out the worst in me!)